HUGS™ Infant Protection
HUGS Infant Protection Overview
NEW – HUGS ON Wi-Fi Now Available
The Most Trusted Solution for Infant Protection
Newborn infants require special protection to keep them safe from abduction and mother/infant mismatches. Abductions can occur anywhere in the hospital.
The new generation of the Hugs Infant Protection solution leverages Wi-Fi infrastructure to provide hospital-wide protection against infant abduction and mother/infant mismatches.
The Hugs solution enables hospitals & healthcare organizations to:
- Provide hospital-wide protection for infants against abduction
- Support the correct matching of mothers and infants
- Keep staff at all levels informed of patient status
- Protect multiple buildings and sites with a single enterprise solution
The Hugs solution provides the most comprehensive protection to infants, with multiple features and options that expand security, increase patient safety and support efficient workflow.
Automatic and Audible Mother/Infant Matching
The optional Kisses® component provides automatic matching of mothers and infants. When an infant is brought to a mother, the Hugs tag checks for a correct match; if it is not the right mother, the tag immediately generates an audible alert and sends a message to the system.
Multi-layered Infant Protection
Exits from the Obstetrics Unit are monitored to detect unauthorized egress; the Hugs tag generates an alert if the band securing the tag to the infant is cut or detached; each Hugs tag is continually supervised to confirm that the infant is protected; and finally the solution can generate an Out of Unit alert if an infant is detected outside the Obstetrics Unit without authorization.
Additional Safety, Security & Operational Efficiency Options
As part of our Real-Time Location System (RTLS) platform, the Hugs system also enables hospitals to add additional safety, security and efficiency solutions, including Environmental Monitoring, Asset Tracking, Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring, Staff Assist and Patient Elopement, and Clinical Operations & Workflow.
Our Hugs™ Value Proposition
Easy-attach tag with automatic enrolment
The Hugs™ tag attaches in seconds and is automatically enrolled in the software. Protection can start right in the delivery room.
No manual tests
The Hugs™ system requires no manual testing of infant tags or other devices to make sure they’re working. The Hugs™ software continually monitors the status of all devices, and will generate an alarm if something goes wrong.
Automatic mother/infant matching
With the Kisses™ option, the Hugs™ system automatically alerts you if the wrong baby is brought to the wrong mother. There are no numbers to match and no wall-mounted lamps to check.
Support now, and in the future
Turun UK is with you every step of the way as you implement and use your system, with a wide range of materials and services.
The Hugs™ system offers a wide range of viewing options. Users see only the menus and commands they need, all in a standard Windows® environment.
The Hugs™ system ensures full supervision of all components, including the tag, with each tag sending a Heartbeat™ status message every 10 seconds. If the system doesn’t receive these messages for a specified time period, an alarm is automatically generated.
What Our Customers Say
“We are very pleased with our implementation of STANLEY Healthcare’s Hugs, Kisses and Passport solutions. The deployment was rapid and straightforward and included educational support to ensure we were able to fully integrate the solution into our daily workflow and realize optimal benefits.”
The Portland Hospital
Kisses Mother Tag
The Kisses Mother tag is part of the Kisses mother/infant matching component of the Hugs infant protection system. It confirms that the correct infant is matched with the correct mother each time they are brought together.
- Bonding occurs by bringing the Kisses tag in close proximity to the Hugs tag within one hour after the Hugs tag is applied to the infant. The tags remains bonded throughout the mother’s and infant’s stay in the hospital.
- Audible Indicator immediately confirms match or mismatch of infant and mother when the two are brought together, even if there are other infants in the room.
- Battery Life: Must be put into service by the date printed on the package. The tag is light activated and operates for 90 days after it has been removed from the package. After 90 days, the tag will indicate a low battery.
- Any Hugs tag can be used with any Kisses tag which makes managing the tags much easier.
- The Kisses tag and single-patient-use disposable band are fully waterproof and may be cleaned with a hospital-approved disinfectant solution.
- The Kisses tag and band material have been tested for skin sensitivity – specifically for cytotoxicity, primary skin irritation, and linkman sensitization.
- The tag is designed for recycling and should be returned to an authorised distributor or STANLEY Healthcare for recycling.
Foundation for True Enterprise Visibility: Track, Manage, Alert, Integrate and Visualize
With MobileView’s fully visual and interactive maps and rich searching capabilities, users can quickly and easily locate their assets, patients and colleagues; view status and condition data in real time; view inventory levels and make sure valuable equipment stays where it’s supposed to.
MobileView offers flexible, advanced management capabilities for the diverse population of assets hospitals need to manage.
With an enterprise-grade Complex Event Processing engine built in, MobileView offers dozens of ready-to-configure business rules which can be utilized to implement customized business logic as well as send real-time alerts to users via a wide variety of channels.
With a rich, WSDL-based open API, MobileView is equipped to become an easily-integrated part of healthcare institutions’ technology ecosystem. With an impressive spectrum of pre-built integrations as well as simple development capabilities, MobileView can supply real-time RTLS to virtually any other system or application—enabling the power of RTLS without needing to add another application for end users to learn.
MobileView’s database contains a wealth of process and measurement data. Built using Tableau’s best-of-breed visual analytics software, MobileView Analytics transforms real-time information into visual dashboards—opening up entirely new levels of operational insight to make better decisions, identify process improvement opportunities, and apply predictive analytics to optimize performance.