RoamAlert®Wander Alert System
Value Proposition of RoamAlert:
Cost effective The modular nature of the RoamAlert system means that you get exactly the solution you need, without paying for features you don’t want. It can cover a single door, or an entire department. It can continually supervise each patient signalling device, or guard perimeter exits only. The choice is yours.
The Securaband™ signalling device for RoamAlert provides a tough physical barrier to unauthorized removal. The strap has two metal wires running its full length, with a special clasp to lock the strap in place.
The RoamAlert system can locate any patient at any time. Location information can be as accurate as the specific room.
Supports emergency response
With the addition of Pendant devices, the RoamAlert system can also protect staff from violence, enabling them to call for help from anywhere in the ward.
Smallest signalling device
The RoamAlert® signalling device is the smallest and lightest on the market today, only a third of an ounce and one inch across. With no hard edges, it is safe to use even on the most delicate skin, and so small that residents and family will barely notice it.
Variety of mounting options available for use with beds, chairs, wheelchairs, and in toilets.
One system for all your security applications
Helps improve staff efficiency and point-of-care monitoring of the patient.
Standalone or Integration
The RoamAlert® system can integrate a wide range of other systems and devices, from pagers to nurse call systems, giving you a single point from which to monitor activity around your facility.
Bespoke Training Program
Tailored Training, Inspection, Maintenance & Service programs to maximize your return on investment.
Scalable and expandable
RoamAlert® lets you start with one or two doors for perimeter protection and expand all the way to a facility-wide system for wander alerts, emergency response and resident locating.
RoamAlert® Resident Tag
The RoamAlert® resident tag is part of the RoamAlert® wander management solution, specially designed for wander-prone residents.
- High capacity battery with 3-year life
- Smooth surface permits easy sterilization and prevents harboring of bacteria
- Attractive, high-impact, tamper-resistant case
- Fully waterproof
The RoamAlert® Pendant tag is part of the RoamAlert wander management system. It is a radio frequency tag that enables residents or staff to call for assistance from anywhere within the system’s coverage area
- Enables staff to call for assistance from anywhere within the coverage area when receivers are installed
- LED feedback tells user that “Distress Message” is being transmitted
- Recessed button design makes it easy to press while avoiding false triggers
- Automatic, low-battery warning in the system software
RoamAlert® Controller and Exciter
The RoamAlert® Wander Management solution incorporates a controller and exciter, also known as an antenna, near the exit door that senses the presence of an RFID tag worn on the wrist of a memory-challenged resident. Once the tag enters the detection area (exciter field), the controller activates door locks which prevent the door from opening. At this point, caregivers can safely escort the resident away, and the doors automatically release again. Staff can also punch a code into the nearby keypad and override the locking system if necessary.
The RoamAlert® system is extremely powerful and flexible. In a facility with many exits, it is possible to monitor many doors from a central server.
- Monitors exits to prevent unauthorized tag egress
- Door bypass allows staff to escort residents without generating alarms
- Continuous operation even if communication with the server PC is lost
- Integrates with existing access control and CCTV equipment
- Standard lithium coin battery backup for local database
- Maglock output rated for 1A @ 24 VDC
- Each Exciter is equipped with two 30 VDC, 1 Amp, NO (Normally Open) or NC (Normally Closed) relays, which can be used to activate high output alarms, magnetic door locks or other devices. In addition, an optional keypad may be connected to the Exciter to allow password controlled exit.